In Microsoft Keeps TechEd 2013 NA Promise, Releases Previews for Blue Servers, I talked about the announcements, made at TechEd Europe 2013, about the release of the “R2” bits for Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012. The “R2” bits are now available for download, but also available to test in Windows Azure. Check out the links the article to get started.
Outside of the preview release, there’s been a number of features added in the “R2” versions of the different System Center 2012 products. Microsoft has update each specific product’s documentation to reflect the changes. Some simply add support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1, but some add significant new features.
Take a look through the “What’s New” pieces for each product:
- System Center 2012 R2 App Controller
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager