This is the second book for me and I had the opportunity to work with some great people on it.
Here is the final cover:
Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 with Service Pack 1 is a guide for administrators of System Center Data Protection Manager. By the end of this book, users will be able to carry out automated installs, migrate DPM to new hardware, set up custom reporting, use the DPM central console, and implement offsite DPM strategies such as chaining, monitoring, and cyclic protection.
In this book you will gain insight from Microsoft Most Valued Professionals into the new features in DPM 2012 along with an understanding of the core tasks that administrators will face, including installing and configuring DPM 2012, workload protection, and managing the system. It will also show administrators how to effectively create backups of the protected workloads and use these backups to recover from a disaster.
It will also contain information on backup networks, client protection, and how to automate tasks in DPM to make your job as an administrator easier.
What you will learn from this book:
- Implementation of effective Backup Strategies
- How to use DPM Central Console and SCOM to monitor DPM
- Carrying out disaster recovery for DPM
- Automation with DPM using System Canter Orchestrator along with PowerShell
- Using DPM with workgroups and untrusted domains
- How to perform common management tasks for DPM
- Better tape management with DPM
- Using client protection with DPM
- System Center MVP – Islam Gomaa
- System Center MVP – Robert Hedblom
- System Center MVP – Flemming Riis
- System Center MVP – Steve Buchanan
- System Center MVP – Mike Resseler
- System Center MVP – Yegor Startsev
Again a big thanks to everyone involved in this book!
You can order the book here:
Get it on Amazon.com: Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012