As you probably already know, myITforum runs a very successful community event (among other community events), called the Twitter Army, at Microsoft conferences. The intent of the Twitter Army is to take the original idea of “Tweetups” and expand on it quite a bit. We have run this at past TechEd’s and also at past Microsoft Management Summits. The event is fun and ultimately rewarding to all those involved. For example, at the end of the week we give away a grand prize to a participating individual, based on certain criteria during the week, and other prizes to various other participants.
The biggest benefit is the ability to generate great community content about TechEd 2013 for those either not able to attend (sitting at home wishing they were there), or those attending a large conference where it’s hard to maintain every little announcement or every little piece of information. Also, it’s a great benefit to Microsoft and other participating vendors to see feedback directly about the conference, the sessions, the meals, the announcements, the closing parties – everything – even about the venue and surrounding area. All of this information is valuable and can be consumed by someone.
Time and Place
- The Twitter Briefing room will be on the 3rd floor above Halls I J (where the keynote is), room 398.
- The Briefing will be from 6:30 am to 7:30 am on Monday, June 3rd (keynote room opens at 7:45 am)
This is an EARLY briefing, so if you cannot make it, please use the pre-registration form: http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/teched-2013/twitter-army-sign-up/
What if I can’t attend the kick-off briefing?
We realize the timing of the Twitter Army briefing may not fit everyone’s schedule, as some will still be registering for the conference. So, this year, we’re offering something extra special. If you still want to participate, but can’t make the briefing, do three things…
- Grab the official Twitter Army Guide and memorize it. Keep it handy on your laptop or mobile device for referencing all week. Download: TechEd 2013 Twitter Army Guide (346.7k)
- Jump out to the Twitter Army pre-registration form and sign-up: Twitter Army Sign-up
- Either download the Twitter Army Briefing slide deck: Twitter Army at TechEd 2013 Briefing Deck - or watch it online:
And, of course, stop by the Twitter Army HQ to pick up your official Twitter Army badge.
Twitter Army HQ
One additional, cool feature for the Twitter Army at TechEd this year is your very own lounge called the Twitter Army HQ, where Twitter Army members can hang out, network, rest your feet, and recharge (charging stations will be on hand).
This Year’s Prizes
Of course, it helps to know what you are actually vying for by participating in the Twitter Army during the week. Here’s what we have so far:
- (1) Microsoft Surface RT sponsored by Microsoft
- (1) Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 256 GB SATA 6GB/s Solid State Drive sponsored by SolarWinds
- (2) Jambox sponsored by Microsoft
- (5) Power Sticks sponsored by Microsoft
The winners will be announced over Twitter. We are still finalizing some additional prizes, so check back.
By combining our forces, and putting together our “Twitter Army”, we can help others at the event get the most out of it, but also help those who cannot attend this year to still be part of the community fun and event happenings.
Everyone is invited! See you there!!!
BTW: Can’t attend TechEd 2013? You can still watch all the TechEd 2013 goodness as the Twitter Army provides you with up-to-the-minute content on the Twitter Feed page: