On the SCCM email discussion list, Steven Mitchell had this issue:
After running the client repair last night we were able to see communication with the server. This populated the ccm\softwareupdates\updatesstore on the machine (this was empty). Although that now has data there is still nothing on the current software update that is required on that system.
I have reviewed the ccm\softwareupdates\updatesstore by running the query : select * from ccm_updatestatus where Bulletin = “MS12-063″ and it returns two items as expected. Both show as missing and 1 needs to install. This is exactly what is expected.
When I go to the Root\ccm\policy\machine\actualconfig\ and look at the CCM_UpdateCIAssignments it is empty. On a system not connected to P03 this is where the system sees the update management ci and displays the unique guid.
MS is stumped I am stumped … any of you have any ideas?
Microsoft was finally able to make a suggestion that fixed the issue.
Since I posted this I have been able to get a resolution and thought others might want to hear it.
MS suggested to pull the primary site out of the hierarchy and then return it. Here are the steps I took and the issue was resolved.
- On the primary site right click and select Set parent site
- Select Central site and click ok
- Keep watch on the primary until all the collection / package / adverts are unlocked (indicating they are owned by the local machine)
- When this process completes return the primary site to the central site and let it sync again
- Once this process was done I was able to see \ccm\policy\machine\actualconfig\ receiving information