In addition to announcing Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 a couple days ago in “Some System Center 2012 updates now available through Microsoft Update”, Microsoft has also communicated some important feature improvements for future System Center updates.
Per Carmen Summers, Senior Program Manager | Cloud & Datacenter Management System Center, the following improvements will be ongoing…
- Quarterly Update Rollup releases
- Update Rollups are the primary way CDM System Center will release updates publicly
- Each Update Rollup will supersede the last making is easier track if you have everything you need installed
- Update delivery on Microsoft Update to enable ease of detection and installation via MU or WSUS (Please note, that this is a work in progress)
- A single master KB article that describes all fixes to enable ease of finding all information in a single location