I’m just curious what everyone else wants to make sure they see this year at MMS (Microsoft Management Summit)? What are the booths they want to see, products they want to see, sessions they think can’t be missed, etc.
The companies I want to make sure I visit with to see what they’ve got going on:
- BDNA: http://www.bdna.com
They’re the people behind the SCCM Guru webcast series. They’ve got some new stuff coming out related to BDNA Normalize for CM (the software normalization engine that Asset Intelligence was supposed to be). They’ve always got good stuff and good people at their booth. They’ve got a lot of knowledge in the CM space. Great community socializers/boosters, classy folks! Best marketing group on the planet. (I mean, I didn’t know them 2 years ago, now everybody knows them) Other products of interest: BDNA Discover, Technopedia.
- 1e: http://www.1e.com
They’ve got smashing good parties (if you’re blessed enough to get a coveted ticket). They’ve got the premiere power management software for CM right now. They’re the people behind “Nomad” (peer-to-peer alternate content provider for CM that everyone should look at). They’ve got a lot of great knowledge in the CM space as well. Other products of interest: App Clarity (software/license reclamation), Shopping, plus lots of free utilities on their site.
- Microsoft (duh)
Without them, this all wouldn’t be happening.
- Adaptiva: http://adaptiva.com
Honestly, I’ve never paid that much attention to their stuff before. People who have it say good things about it. Deepak, who’s their product development lead, was the lead program manager for SMS 2003 at Microsoft and has received 5 patents for his work on SMS. Some things that caught my eye was peer-to-peer PXE, the ability to eliminate virtually all your infrastructure, and some sort of storage driver that pooled space on a subnet as if it were one big drive. It’s worth a look.
- MyITForum: http://myitforum.com
Another “duh”. They do so much for the IT community, especially the System Center community. Rod has got his fingers into just about everything MMS related. They have the longest lines at their booth, they have the most sought after party tickets, they have great giveaways, and they’re all around great people. You’re missing out if you don’t stop by and say “Hi”.
Products I want to make sure I see:
- BDNA Normalize for CM. They’re coming out with an integration piece between Normalize and SCCM. Probably have other things in the hopper. I love following these guys!
- Hardware from Dell/HP. Geeky, I know, but it’s cool to see real powerful hardware advancements and drool.
- App Clarity from 1e. We talked with the lead developer last year as it was just starting to make it’s appearance. I’d like to see where they’re taking it. It has a lot of potential to help uninstall software that shouldn’t be installed.
- Obviously, the System Center 2012 line. The whole summit will be about this I’m sure.
- <sarcasm> Anything cloud related. I wonder if they’re going to talk about anything in the cloud or private cloud? I sure wish they’d take 45 spots up and market more cloud stuff to us. </sarcasm>
- I apologize for #5…a bit snarky
I’m interested in hearing about what everyone else wants to make sure they see/do? Comment below, or tweet at #MMS2012
John Nelson (Number2)