Michael Niehaus posted a blog post that described how to use powershell to automate the checking and replicating of referenced packages in a task sequence to all DPs. This was great work and the blog can be found here. Please read it first.
I updated the script to include Windows Form Prompts and the ability to select a specific task sequence and specific distribution point.
I updated the following items from version 1.0:
- ConfigMgr Server Prompt now uses a windows form to keep in form with the other prompts
- Task Sequence prompt has checkbox to allow ‘All Task Sequences’
- Distribution Point prompt also has checkbox to allow ‘All Distribution Points’
- Added new prompt with datagrid showing the missing packages asking to replicate them
- Updated comments, removed unnecessary code I included in the first version.
Version 1.2 Update:
- Fixed an issue with Distribution Points being assigned to the central server, and not their primary server. (Work around for New-SCCMPackageDP function)
Version 1.3 Update:
- Now includes SCCM.PSM1 version 1.5 from Michael Niehaus. This includes a fix for the New-SCCMPackageDP function that correctly assigns the sitecode to the DP.
Feel free to give feedback or modify and make it even better.
Select Task Sequence:
Select Distribution Point: