SCUP 4.0 allows customers to import software update catalogs, create, modify, and export software update definitions, and publish software updates.SCUP is a stand-alone tool that enables independent software vendors or line-of-business application developers to import software update catalogs, create and modify software update definitions, export update definitions to catalogs, and publish software updates information to a configured update server. By using updates Publisher to define software updates and publish them to the update server, administrators can begin detecting and deploying published updates to client and server computers in their organization.
Update Publisher enables administrators to do the following:
- Import catalogs created by non-Microsoft organizations or created from within the administrator’s organization
- Create applicability and deployment metadata for software updates.
- Export software update catalogs so that they can be imported by Updates Publisher at another location, or export a test catalog to verify that the rules for the updates work as expected.
- Manage software updates information
New in version 4.0
- Ability to import and publish the following update types: bundle, driver, detectoid and updates with pre-requisites.
- New “Software Update Details” view with “Dependencies” tab that displays update dependencies (prerequisites for a single update or children of an update bundle).
- Note: none of the above update types can be duplicated or edited in the SCUP console (only export ,import, flag for publish, expire, delete and publish is available)