BDD 2007 Source Code Available For Download!
The Microsoft® Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) is best-practice guidance for desktop deployment. BDD is targeted at companies that want to reduce deployment time, effort, and cost by increasing the level of automation. It allows administrators to deploy desktops with Zero Touch and Lite Touch interaction at the target PCs. This accelerator also helps organizations move to a managed environment with standardized desktop images.
BDD 2007 was released in January 2007. It includes all guidance, scripts, and tools. Included in this were several object code-only components; source was not originally provided. Because customers and partners may need to make modifications, enhancements, or bug fixes to these components, the source code is now being provided.
This source code is being provided as is, with no support, and it can be used as specified in the included license terms. This source code is current as of the release date of BDD 2007, but since BDD development is continuing, it is likely that future changes will require at best reintegration of any changes made, or at worst complete reengineering of the customizations made due to design changes implemented in the next version of BDD.
This release is not designed to be used as a stand-alone component as it contains only the files not included in the original BDD 2007 release. After making customizations, the customized executable files can overlay the files installed by the BDD 2007 installer.
To view the BDD accelerator online at TechNet, click here.
Send feedback to us directly at SATfdbk@microsoft.com
Source: Download details: BDD 2007 Source
The software requirements for customizing the BDD 2007 source code components are listed below. These requirements only apply to computers that developers are using to build the modified components. Each component must be installed on the computer performing the build; these components are:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. (This is only required for Windows® XP and Windows Server® 2003, as this is included in Windows Vista™). Download the .NET Framework 2.0 from the following addresses:
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC) 3.0. (This is only required for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, as this is included in Windows Vista). Download MMC 3.0 from the following addresses:
- Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK). Download Windows AIK at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C7D4BC6D-15F3-4284-9123-679830D629F2&displaylang=en.
- Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit for Windows Vista and .NET Framework 3.0 Runtime Components (Windows Vista SDK). Download the Windows Vista SDK at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c2b1e300-f358-4523-b479-f53d234cdccf&DisplayLang=en. Note: During installation, ensure that the 64-bit components are checked (optional by default). The 64-bit components are required if you need to build the executables and assemblies for x64 platform.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio for the available versions. Note: During installation, ensure that the 64-bit components are installed if you plan to build executables and assemblies for the x64 platform.