September 2008 - Posts
The Offermgr on a SMS2003 Primary site may take hours on startup until running productive, because it does create or verify all the offer files for SMS2003 legacy Clients.
If there are no SMS2003 legacy clients within your environment, there is an option in the SiteControl file to disable legacy support which prevents offermgr to create these legacy offer files.
To disable legacy support:
- Make sure you have a backup.
- Stop all SMS Services for the site.
- Make a backup of the sitectrl.ct0 from sms\inboxes\sitectrl.ct0 file
- Use text editor on sitectrl.ct0
- Find "Create CAP Instructions" string, this will be in the SMS_OFFER_MANAGER section of the site control file.
- Change "PROPERTY <Create CAP Instructions><><><1>"to "PROPERTY <Create CAP Instructions><><><0>" to disable the work to support std clients
- Save the file and restart services, check offer manager log, the lines about creating private copies, inserting tables, flushing offer info cache etc should be omitted and the offer manager startup should be much faster.
Read the full conversation:
I will implement this tweak into the "SMS Site Settings Tweak" Utility (http://sourceforge.net/projects/smssettings/)
Some details about the new Version of "SMS Client Center" (SMSCliCtrV2)...
some major changes:
- GUI redesigned
- SMS/SCCM components management shows version and status (site setting or local policy)
- Cache management improved (show cached packages, list orphaned packages. etc. )
- Show Advertisement Schedule (next run time, recurring state etc. )
- Execution History resolves Package-Name automatically from Advertisement (if available)
- Show AddRemovePrograms from remote Client and allow remove or repair of MSI packages
- Monitor and manage processes of a remote client
- AMT PowerOn/OFF/Reset
- AMT (partial) unprovisioning
- Source Code is available at http://smsclictr.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smsclictr/SMSCliCtrV2/
- A public beta should be available as a ClickOnce setup within the next two Weeks
- A Bug- and Feature-request tracking page will be available for registered Sourceforge users as soon as the beta is online...
- I'm looking forward to have a final version ready until December 08 (there is still a lot of work to do....)
If you are trying to update the "SMS_SiteControlDaySchedule" on an SMS/SCCM Address from a script, but the attribute "HourUsage" will not be saved... then you have to be aware to set the attribute "Update" to "True" on each changed "SMS_SiteControlDaySchedule" Object.... otherwise the changes will not be saved...
Thanks to Rob Marshall for the Great article about the "Component Status Summarizer" Issue on SCCM2007 RTM/SP1... I was one of the 0.1% [:'(]...
Read the Article: