Invitation to Join the Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization v.2 TAP Program
Are you making plans to deploy Windows 7 in your enterprise in the next 6 – 18 months? Are your plans being delayed or complicated by applications that will not work on Windows 7?
The Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) team is looking for customers who are planning their Windows 7 deployment but have found applications that will not work with Windows 7 to participate in the MED-V v.2 TAP program. MED-V v.2 can be used to address the “compatibility gaps” in enterprise environments and accelerate the move to Windows 7. Incompatible applications run on the Windows 7 desktop in a managed virtualized XP operating environment. With MED-V, IT Pros are able to move forward with their Windows 7 deployment and not be blocked by incompatible applications.
MED-V v.2 provides the following benefits:
· Simplified experience for the IT Pro and the end user over XP Mode and MED-V v1
· Integration with the customers’ existing management tools and processes, including Configuration Manager
· Tight integration with Windows 7 for a seamless user experience
· Websites requiring an IE6 automatically opened with the IE6 browser
· Built on Windows Virtual PC 7
We invite you to participate! Participants in the MED-V v2 TAP program will partner with the MED-V product team to validate the product through production deployments prior to its release.
To learn about the MED-V v.2 release and participate in TAP or Beta programs email email@example.com.
For an overview of the MED-V solution visit www.microsoft.com/medv