The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the March 2010 update.
About Task Sequences
- Updated to clarify that task sequences cannot be advertised to users. Task sequences must be advertised to computers.
How to Capture and Restore the User State
- Updated to clarify how to create a task sequence to capture a user state.
About Configuration Manager Discovery
- Updated to include information about how to configure a specific domain controller for Active Directory discovery rather than the default setting of the nearest domain controller to the site server.
About Standard and Branch Distribution Points
- Updated to clarify that branch distribution points require advertisements to be configured for the option Download content from distribution point and run locally. Branch distribution points do not support the advertisement configuration of Run program from distribution point. This clarification is also added to Choose Between a Standard and Branch Distribution Point.
Step-By-Step Example Deployment of the PKI Certificates Required for Configuration Manager Native Mode: Windows Server 2003 Certification Authority
- Updated to clarify that when you specify the certificate Subject for the site server signing certificate, the exact text string in English must be used, in the same case, without a trailing period, and the site code must be specified at the end of the string in the same case as it appears in the Configuration Manager console.
System Health Validator Point Component Properties: General Tab
- Updated to correct the maximum value for the Validity period (hours) to 168.
Program Name Properties: Advanced Tab
- Updated to clarify that the "Allow this program to be installed from the Install Software task sequence without being advertised" option is required only when you are using a task sequence to install multiple applications.