Allowing PowerShell to Query Remotely through a GPO
If you want to query remote computers' WMI properties on your network using PowerShell, this quick GPO setting can open the proper ports on the remote workstations.
Creating a new GPO at the domain level:
- Under the Local Computer Policy heading, double-click Computer Configuration.
- Double-click Administrative Templates, Network, Network Connections, and then Windows Firewall.
- If the computer is in the domain, then double-click Domain Profile; otherwise, double-click Standard Profile.
- Click Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception.
- On the Action menu, select Properties.
- Click Enable, and then click OK.