It’s that time of year that you start to reflect on the past year’s accomplishments. Ron posted his list here: http://myitforum.com/blog/rcrumbaker/archive/2005/12/22/17567.aspx
Well, it’s been a whirlwind of a year at the Trent household. I appreciate everyone that belongs to this community and there are so many folks that have become good friends — either through MMS, phone calls, columnist articles, forum posts and emails. It’s amazing to see this community grow every day. But, not just grow technically — there are so many friendships that have blossomed over the years. I want to personally thank Ron Crumbaker for being there when his expertise was needed. I would also like to give special mention to the myITforum.com Advisory Council who have been great friends over the years and have helped lead this community to be the top community for Windows Management. They are: Ed Aldrich, April Cook, Michael Mott, Dana Daugherty, and Michael Schultz. These folks have worked really hard to make sure this community thrives and grows in the way it was intended. There is no other community like it.
A few personal things have happened this year, though, that I wanted to mention (in no particular order).
1. We rescued two cats from the Katrina disaster. (if anyone wants one let me know) This actually means we have 7 (yes, 7) cats. They are beautiful Persian cats.
2. We bought a horse for our daughter.
3. My wife’s brother was married.
4. myITforum.com became incorporated.
5. myITforum.com, Inc. set out on it’s own (finally).
6. My wife and I went to Hawaii and renewed our wedding vows.
7. My wife’s sister and husband finally bought their own home.
8. We now have a DOG! (and I’m not a dog person)
As always there are also sad things that happen during the year, but it’s this time of year we can just dwell on the happy things.
Happy Holidays, everyone!