Kim Oppalfens is hoping to get enough votes to put on an ultra-slick, seriously hardcore WMI session at MMS 2010.
He's still trying to get enough votes to raise this up so that it can take place.
I had an opportunity to talk to Kim about this session last week, and as a seasoned ConfigMgr admin it got me SERIOUSLY excited. We're not talking about the typical "how to fix WMI" here, no, this is more "How to make WMI jump through hoops you didn't even know existed". He's making WMI do serious MAGIC, and this is a session that shouldn't be missed if his slot is accepted.
Read more on his blog here: http://scug.be/blogs/sccm/archive/2010/03/24/wmi-for-the-sccm-admin-techdays-belgium-2010-mms-2010-birds-of-a-feather-session.aspx
A short clip from his blog posting to wet your appetite:
If you want to see this session go through then vote for this session by performing the following procedure:
· Log into CommNet (http://www.mms-2010.com)
· Click on “BOF Survey” in the left Nav
· In the “Commonly Requested Topics” dropdown select “WMI for the ConfigMgr Admin”
· Press “Submit”
Some of the fancy things I’ll demonstrate:
· Have suppress notification enabled when creating virtual applications
· Have the program of an advertisement disabled at advertisement creation if it is targetting a collection with more than X number of members to prevent Mass-deployments (Unless the program is in the mass deployment category or the advertisement has no mandatory schedule)
Some of the fancy things I’ll explain how to do
· Have any created program limited to predefined target platforms
· Eliminate the need for a Big Red Stop Button (BRSB) (copyright Shaun Cassells) http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/scassells/archive/2008/05/14/how-to-stop-an-errant-advertisement-in-sms-2003-sccm-2007.aspx
And that’s just the plain easy stuff J. If this has you intrigued, than be sure to vote, and yours truly will come to the party (I have some way more fancy tricks up my sleeve, and believe me by the end of this session you’ll think the M in WMI stands for Magic).
This is dark magic in ConfigMgr, Kim said he'll be wearing his magician cloak and a long pointy hat to set the scene as he pushes WMI to the limit!