We are looking for a Windows packaging administrator behalf of our client, Boston Scientific. This position is based in Natick, MA.
This role is responsible for the analysis, design, testing, packaging and distribution of applications for the BSC windows clients and servers using SMS. Research new technologies and their potential match to business solutions. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to expand their role to support SharePoint 2007 and Citrix.
Key technologies supported include Windows 2000 & XP, SMS/SCCM, Symantec Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus, EPO and Agent, SpySweeper, Winbatch scripting, Wise Installer, VB scripting, Robocopy, Integrity Desktop Firewall, Global Systems Distribution, Group Policy Management, Patch Management, Cisco VPN solutions, Pointsec Encryption solutions, Citrix, MS Sharepoint 2007
This role will be performed in a quality system environment. It is important that the qualified candidate be extremely procedure-oriented because failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Work with customers to understand packaging requirements.
- Packages and tests packages with user.
- Deploys packages via SMS.
- Troubleshoot and resolve distribution failures and work with the team to initiate corrective or alternative actions.
- Ensure system availability and integrity by developing and executing validated system management and component deployment processes.
- Develop system management utility programs and interfaces by completing program design, coding, debugging and documentation.
- Upgrade infrastructure components by researching, testing and installing application upgrades and patches.
- Develop compliance reports on the success and failure of patches/package distribution.
- Test infrastructure architecture by preparing and conducting system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software.
- Expanded responsibilities may include support, monitoring, troubleshooting and packaging applications for the Citrix solution.
- Expanded responsibilities may include support, monitoring, troubleshooting and packaging applications for the SharePoint solution. This would include migration of sites between solutions and assisting users in the creation of new sites.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years of related work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of a particular technological field.
Contact: Matthew.Barber@veritude.com (617) 563-8553
Veritude® is a Fidelity Investments company and a leading provider of strategic human resources — the talent, technology and tactics that growing organizations need to anticipate and adapt to changes in the workplace.
Veritude is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and supports a diversified environment.