The University of Michigan Health System is looking for an SMS Design/Admin to support the existing SMS 2003 infrastructure and assist in the implementation of SCCM 2007. Apply for this position at http://www.umich.edu/~jobs/ and refer to job id 14274
Sys Programmer/Analyst Inter or Sr
Job/Career Family: Information Technology
Job Description and Responsibilities: Market Title: Sys Programmer/Analyst Sr
Underfill Market Title: Sys Programmer/Analyst Inter
Department: Medical Center Information Technology (MCIT)
NOTE: Requires participation in an on-call rotation program. DUTIES:
The Core Image Services team designs, customizes, distributes, and supports the operating system and enterprise-wide applications for 18,000+ desktops, laptops and tablets at the UMHS. Our management infrastructure is based on Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 and Wise Solutions Packaging tools. We are currently seeking an individual to join our SMS Administration / Software Distribution group.
The successful candidate will have a well-rounded computing and networking background with in-depth knowledge and experience supporting and using standard technologies (see skills section). Specific duties include: Provide third-tier support for Windows workstation operating systems. Participate in daily administration of a multi-site SMS infrastructure. Create standard process, procedure, and quality assurance documentation. Automate administration tasks to improve performance, and service levels. Must be willing to work odd hours on occasion, and participate in an on-call rotation program.
- More than three years experience using Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 in a large enterprise environment. This includes infrastructure server design/capacity planning, software distribution, and client support. Scripting technology including VB Script, Wise Script and Command Shell are also an important requirement. A thorough understanding of WMI and the Windows registry is highly preferred.
- Experience with server based product offerings is a plus. This includes:
- Symantec GhostCast Server
- Citrix Presentation Server
- Microsoft Operations Manager
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
- Preferred experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Softricity, SVS or Thinstall.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and exp.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification
- Systems Management Server 2003 experience.
- Windows Installer based tools preferably Wise Package Studio
- Highly skilled in Windows XP SP2 operating system
- Scripting technology including VB Script, Windows Shell and Wise Scripting
- Through understanding of the Windows registry is required.
- Strong analytical skills needed.
- Customer service skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Department Name: UMH MCIT Ent Device Engr Mgmt.
Org Group: UM HOSPITAL
Campus: Health System
Salary Frequency: Annual
Job Type: Regular
Full Time: Yes
Date Posted: Dec 18 2007
City: Ann Arbor
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 48105
Area Code: 734