Newton, MA (10 miles NW of Boston)
Position Title: IT Manager
The IT Manager's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Daily Responsibilities Include
* IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
* IT department operational and strategic planning, including: business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
* Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
* Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
* Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including: development and review of IT expense forecasts and the implementation of approved expenses,
* Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
* Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
* Oversee development and implementation of all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
* Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements, as well as review and approval of vendor invoices.
* Develop and analyze measurements to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of software development; recommend and advance initiatives to make improvements.
* Coordinate closely with other managers in organization; collaborate with appropriate counterparts in other departments to improve the entire software development lifecycle.
Responsible for the activities of System Operations staff, whose duties include:
* Oversight of all IT systems used internally as well as systems used to deliver Application Service provider (ASP) product to customers.
* Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
* Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
* Research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
* Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
* Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
* Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
* 5 -10 years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
* Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
* Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
* Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
* Superior understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
* Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
* Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Exceptional customer service orientation.
Send resumes to: