After a recent, in depth study on the DMV I have determined that:
-There is a higher power
-The DMV is where we pay for our sins.
I have apparently been bad lately, but not as bad as some others. Things I learned today:
- This higher power feels bad for the elderly and they wait less.
- The higher power is okay with letting the elderly pilot 2 tons of steel and glass even when they have a hard time understanding things like “Please sit in that chair” or “ What is your street address?”
- This must be some form of population control
- It is apparently rather unlikely that at my age I would not wear glasses or contacts.
- People from WisconSIN can be assumed to have done something wrong and must wait longer. The higher power is apparently a Bears fan.
- I fear when my daughter can get her drivers license, not for fear of accidents as much as the fear that she will have to deal with the evil people at the DMV.
- I believe the DMV is the minor league system for the gate keepers in hell.
Some of the things I witnessed that made me chuckle.
The lady next to me was asked, no told, to throw out her coffee as they had recently had some spills, though there are no signs stating no food or beverages. When she didn’t jump up and do it, they loudly pointed out where the garbage can is.
Another person and I were scolded for talking while in line. I think if it happened twice we got detention, so we stopped. I understand the reason, it turned out we were in line next to the written test area, but doesn’t it seem odd to tell at adults for talking in a public facility? Yes, Illinois is still a WRITTEN test. Those computer things are such a passing fad anyway.