When opening an unsealed Management Pack from the default management packs that are shipped with Service Manager you may receive the following error:
This error is thrown because the Service Manager Authoring tool automatically loads all of the default management packs when a management pack is opened To work around this error and open the management pack anyway, perform the following steps:
1. Copy the Management Pack to a new file name. For example copy ServiceManager.IncidentManagement.Configurationxml to Custom.IncidentManagement.Configuration.xml.
2. Open the new XML file in Notepad or some other XML Editor of your choice.
3. Near the top of the XML file you will see the Manafest section as shown below:
4. Notice the ID contains the name of the original XML file. Change this to match the name you gave to the new XML file you created, For example, I copied ServiceManager.IncidentManagement.Configurationxml to Custom.IncidentManagement.Configuration.xml. I would need to have the Manifest section look like the below example:
5. Attempt to reopen the new XML Management Pack in the Authoring tool. It should open successfully now since no other object or management pack exists with that name.