I have had few conservation with MS about the AI catalog recently about, What I’m using it for, why is it important, how the catalog is update and when, etc…
Here is what you need to know.
- MS requires 4 different site to upload an application before it will be categories
- It takes 30 days for MS for categories an application
- It takes a farther 90 days before the updated catalog is released to the public.
- MS wants to make it better
What can you do to improve the catalog:
- Download and run Kim’s script that will get around that pesky 100 application title limit! http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/koppalfens/archive/2011/03/26/asset-intelligence-reporting.aspx
- Ensure that you run this script weekly!
- Blog about exactly what you want to see done with the catalog. Make sure that you give exact reasons why you want something and why it is important to you. Don’t say “just fix it”, say something like “ I would like to see better classification for example Subcategory. The subcat will help weed out add-on and run-time which don’t affect my likening tracking.”
Title Normalized Vendor Version Family name Category Name SubCat
Microsoft Office Access 2000 SR-1 Runtime Microsoft 9.00.3821 Productivity and Viewers Office Suites and Productivity Run-time
Microsoft Office Word 2007 MUI Pack (English) Microsoft 12.0.4518.1014 Productivity and Viewers Office Suites and Productivity Add-on
Microsoft Office 2007 Proof (English) Microsoft 12.0.4518.1007 Productivity and Viewers Office Suites and Productivity Add-on
Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate Edition Microsoft 12.0.4518.1014 Productivity and Viewers Office Suites and Productivity Suite/Product
Everyone download and run Kim’s script! I’m don’t this on a few of my sites and are now working with my client to do the same too!
Ok Everyone, it is time to tell MS what you think a stem Center Configuration Manager 2012 and System Center Operations Manager 2012. http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/b/weblog/archive/2011/03/24/system-center-folks-we-need-your-input.aspx
The Survey is 5 questions lone with the most “taxing” question being “What are the top 10 tasks that a ConfigMgr should be able to perform?”
I’m sure that there are some debates on what these should be but there are some of my suggestions: (listed in no particular order)
- Create a basic app model
- Create a basic SSRS report
- Create a collection
- Create a task sequence
- Deploy Win 7 (OSD)
- How to create Software Metering Rules
- How to deploy SU
- How to setup Power Management
- How to troubleshoot client deployment issues
- How to use AI
- How to use DCM
- How to use NAP
- How to use Remote control ( and what is new with RC!)
- Mobile support
- Name all the feature and what they do
- Set client setting via a collection
- Setup up RAC
- Understand all the site roles and what they do.
- Use the help file or Superflows (Yes this is important! It is surprising how many people don’t RTFM)
- What is OBB and what does it do
- What is WOL and what does it do
So I expect all MVP, MCC, Heck everyone to do this survey! I also expect all of you to:
So expect me to start chasing everyone shortly! It is too bad that they had to announce this after MMS otherwise I talking to everyone at MMS about this! It is about time ConfigMgr became a FIRST class citizen in MSL eyes! So let’s not do what we normally do and make MSL wake-up and know we are here!
Here is what the booth looked like yesterday at noon. Great booth layout!
at 3:30, looking better!
inner join SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION on SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId
SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION.DefaultIPGateway = "192.168.1.1"
inner join SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId
SMS_R_System.ClientVersion = "4.00.6487.2000"
and SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.Model = "Virtual Machine"
What a cool app! To quote their website. http://www.myallyapps.com/
“nightally™ lets you to size up the situation, distract and disarm a potential attacker or get the attention of bystanders (anyone near by) and get to a safe place—before something happens. Simply click nightally™ to activate it before you leave home or work. Should a problem arise, shake your iPhone to initiate the powerful nightally™ alarm, which includes a loud siren and a bright flashing light. nightally’s shake technology lets you pay attention to your surroundings, so you stay focused and never take your eyes off your assailant — a practice advised by streetproofing and self-defense experts. “
My niece is about to get a iPhone for her 16th birthday! I’m going to make sure that she gets this apps, plus a few other toys! J
INNER JOIN v_GS_SYSTEM S ON INSO.ResourceID = S.ResourceID
ARPDisplayName0 like '%SQL%'