Drink type: Summer
1 oz Morgan’s Spiced Rum
½ oz Southern Comfort
½ oz Peach Schnapps
Topped with Soda
Story: While working on my homework J, Rueben say make a drink based on where John, Rueben’s bother lives, Macon, Goergia! One of the sports teams in Macon is named after the Whopping Crane, hence the name.
Me: This is a Summer time drink.
Rueben: Nice and light.
Monica: Nice but what would it be like with OJ or peach juice?
Yes, my final exam is today, in just over an hour from now, that is why I’m posting and then printing all the drinks today. :-)
Drink type: Nightcap
1 oz Cream
1 oz Cream de Cacao
1 oz Oh Canada! or Sortilège
Story: Sortilège is liquor that one of my old office mates introduced me too. Normally I we drink this one the rocks. However because of the bartending course, I thought that I would nice to try this as a nightcap.
Ellen: It not too sweet.
Me: I think this is better than on the rocks!
Drink type: Shooter
1/3 Cream de Cacao
1/3 Cherry Brandy
Story: Ellen like frangelico, so I try to make something that she would like.
Ellen: “I liked it”
Me: It taste just like the Cherry Blossom
Do you want to become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 – Configuration?
As Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), you not only thrive on the continuing challenges of the IT field, but you also take the initiative to develop and hone your skills so that you stay a step ahead. When you become Microsoft certified, you will:
· Stand out with proof of your specific, real-world technology skills
· Be productive and help increase customer satisfaction, reduce network downtime, and push service to a higher level
· Achieve success with each Microsoft certification that you earn, which takes you further along the path to professional recognition
An MCTS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 – Configuration certification validates the skills to configure Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and focuses on deploying, monitoring, administering, customizing, securing, and configuring a network infrastructure for Windows SharePoint Services. The successful candidate has the skills to configure Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and has a general understanding of Internet Security and Acceleration Server (IIS) and network load-balancing for applications.
Join the OWSUG certification study group as we dive deep into the next generation Windows technology!
Exam 70-631: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 – Configuration
Session runs Tuesday nights the planned date is April 7th stay tuned!
Cost: $250, includes
10 positions remaining, first come first served - priority given to people serious about writing the exam before June 9th 2009.
- All participants are expected to contribute to discussions and presentations
- Average of 50 pages of reading a week, but starting with more pages in the begin and trailing off near the end to allow for exam prepares in the later sessions
- Work in teams
- Teams are responsible for presenting weekly topics
- This is NOT a replacement for a course
If you are interested please contact email@example.com
Topic: Asked your Peers!
Description: Have you ever wanted to know, How to deploy Windows 7 easily? or How do I setup my physical server to maximise the number of hyper-v virtual machines? Well this is your chance to ask the burning questions that you have!
If those questions above are not to your liking try something like these:
- My office is looking at mobile devices, I there anything that I need to know about managing them? How can I protect our data is the device is stolen?
- My users are complaining about how we are deploy software updates, How do other deploy software update to their user?
- What effect does DNS scavenging have on AD? Will this increase my network traffic on my WAN link?
- I love SharePoint, and I want to help “sell it” to management to solve our problems, what can I do?
- I’m getting Error “Sync failed: WSUS server not configured. Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync”, do you have any ideas how I should troubleshot this?
This session will be moderated by Brad Bird and some of your answers will come from:
Rick Claus – Microsoft
Pierre Roman – Microsoft
Garth Jones – Enhansoft
And many others including your peers
If you have details questions or would like to help ensure that your question is answered, please email your question in advance to Info@OWSUG.ca. We will try and research any of the tricky questions in advance so get your question in early and make sure that you are there to hear the answer!
Microsoft Canada Co.
100 Queen Street Suite 500
5:00 p.m. Event registration
5:30 p.m. Q & A
8:00 p.m. Door Prizes
· Pizza and Pop will be served, Please RSVP to help us order enough of both.
· Please note that no one will be admitted after 5:55 p.m.!
It’s more important than ever to continue to invest the time and effort necessary to ensure your career’s success. The Ignite Your Career: Technical Professional Webcast Series brought to you by Microsoft Canada, in partnership with the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS), is designed to help you with your career development. This series is your opportunity to connect with experts from across Canada; to hear them share their experiences and answer your questions. Take the time to ignite your career and register for each individual webcast today!
To register, click on each individual webcast outlined below.
Industry Insights and Trends
Tuesday, March 3rd
Discovering Your Trusted Resources
Tuesday, March 10th
How to Establish and Maintain a Healthy Work/Life Balance
Tuesday, March 17th
How to Become a Great Leader
Tuesday, March 24th
Building, Managing and Strengthening Your Team
Tuesday, March 31st
Women in IT Panel Discussion
Tuesday, April 7th
For more information, please visit Ignite Your Career website.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on the webcast!
PS – You can submit your questions for any webcast by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll do our best to have them answered during the appropriate webcast
½ oz Red SourPuss liqueur
½ oz Melon liqueur
1 oz Spiced Rum
Topped with Club Soda
This is a nice light drink, but we (all fours of us) agreed that we should try this with OJ or Lemonade next time.
Within the Console browse to packages
Select new | Package for Definition
Click Next on the welcome screen
Click Browse on the Package Definition screen
Select your MSI
Then complete the Wizard as you normally would.
Drink type: Nightcap
Glassware: Old Fashion
1 oz Cream
1 oz Cream de Cacao
1 oz Xtabentún
Story: Xtabentun is a liquor that Ellen and I were introduced to on our honeymoon and as you can guess from the name we when to Aventura Spa Palace. Generally we like Xtabentun as a sipping drink but I thought that I would try it as a nightcap. The taste of the honey come out more and the anise become more of secondary flavour.
Rating: Since This is the first drink posted, I’m an still working out the kinks in the scoring system.
Ellen: She is not a big fan of cream based drinks but she found the flavour in this drink.
Me: I like nightcaps and this one will certainly be one of the ones that I will drink!
As I have already posted I am taking a personal interest course in Bartending to go along with my bar setup (first picture). As part of my final exam I need to:
- Modify four existing cocktails to ( the best two will be selected and graded)
- make it cheaper (ie replace Grand Marnier with Triple Sec)
- easier to make ( Reduce the number of liquors, thereby making it faster)
- Create 4 original drinks:
- 1 Shooter
- 1 Short cocktail
- 1 Cocktail
- 1 my choice.
So over the last few weeks I have already started this process, Ellen and I have been testing all of the creations. :-)
To help me remember some of these drinks, I will blogging them. Both the ones that work and the ones that don’t work. In either case I will tell you why it does or doesn’t work.
BTW, No, I’m not going for Tom Cruise in Cocktail but I now know how to do the flaming Coffee’s! :-)