MMS has not started yet and we’re ready to meet you at Microsoft France Campus. Click on the picture for more information:
*Association Française des Utilisateurs de System Center
Here is the agenda:
Best of ACCUEIL - SPONSORS
Best of INTRODUCTION
•Best of AFUSC & Las Vegas
•Best Vision Cloud OS
•Best of IaaS Windows Azure
Best of PAUSE - SPONSORS
Best of Gestion des Postes de Travail et périphériques mobiles
•Best of BYOD
•Best Configuration Manager & Windows Intune
Best of PAUSE - SPONSORS
Best of IMMERSION (feat. Windows Server, System Center, Windows Azure)
•Anticiper et Evoluer
•Expérimenter (démo, démo, démo)
Best of PAUSE - SPONSORS
Best of RETOURS D’EXPERIENCE
Best of COCKTAIL - SPONSORS
It’s been several days the bits where available but we had to keep the news for us and wait for the big announcement. It’s now done, Brad Anderson announced the Global Availability of System Center 2012 during the first day Keynote at MMS 2012 in Vegas !
Another little fact I learnt during this keynote is that the official name of the next version of Server OS will be Windows Server 2012.
Just went back from my
sunny rainy holydays and have some posts to share.
So CU5 is now available, just click here and download the almost 1GB package (still contains xplat updates) : KB2495674
More information about resolved issues here. My prefered remains the resolution of the restart of non-SCOM services which involved many no-go’s on CU3 and CU4 installations.
And as always you can follow Kevin’s article for best practices !
I was dealing with some console startup performance issues when I found this interesting post from a guy called Seb on the technet forum (here).
- When I launch SCOM console on a machine with internet access : instant launch.
- Without internet access : >1 minute.
The thing is it looks like the console needs to check some Authenticode signature of an assembly over the internet (I don't remember having this issue prior CU4).
So if you don’t have internet access where your console is installed you can bypass the check by adding a Microsoft.MOM.UI.Console.exe.config file next to the console exe and add the following content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
This will simply disable Authenticode checking and then you’re console will start in a second even in isolated networks.
Try this at your own risk as it has no been approved by SCOM team yet.
Kinda late for this news but still I needed to mention it. Cumulative Update 4 has shipped out. You can download it HERE. Package is 1.2 Gigs as it includes xplat updates.
I won’t write a book about it as all you need is in Kevin’s post !
A co-worker of mine published several days ago an article about SSO through UAG implementation for the SCOM web console:
The CU3 for SCOM 2007 R2 has just been released : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2251525
You can download it there : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9f1e1154-52ae-42df-aeea-b3ee83247e6a&displaylang=en
Note that it contains all fixes from CU2 and also integrates CU3 for Xplat.
Here are the resolved issues:
- Feature addition: Azure Application Monitoring
- Feature addition: Parameter Extraction in Web Application Synthetic Transactions
- Some ACS reports do not work as expected in Windows Server 2008
- SCOM 2007 SP1 Reports do not run after a shared Data Warehouse is upgraded to SCOM 2007 R2
- The SDK Services stops working due to an unhandled exception, and the operations console becomes unresponsive
- Multi-selection in the alert view is not maintained during a view refresh
- The operations console stops working when creating an override on the cluster resource group monitor
- When Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM) is set up to use SharePoint, reports from Watson are blocked
- The Operations Manger Console stops working when a high number of instances of State Views or Alert Views are left open for extended durations
- Upgrading MPs that include new properties may not recreate views correctly
- The total transaction response performance counter in URL monitoring is not accurate
- MPs with empty knowledge elements cannot be imported in Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Monitoringhost.exe does not work reliably on Windows 2003 SP2 X64 Domain Controllers
- Alerts using the “Specific Time Period” criteria are not included during automatic alert view refresh
- ACS forwarders with 15 character names in workgroups are unable to communicate with the ACS collector
- Language packs authored for a previous version of an MP cannot be imported once an updated MP is released
- Language Pack import fails if the MP contains strings which are not contained in the English Management Pack
- Generic performance reports consume a large amount of temporary database space and can fail for Windows Server 2003 Computer Groups
- When using a remote console the notification wizard does not work in certain situations
- The SDK service may stop working due to an arithmetic overflow error in very rare circumstances
- The notification scheduler does not compensate correctly for different time zones
The KB2425714 is explaining how to install your Operations Manager databases and reporting on SQL 2008 R2.
Notes from the Operations Manager Team Blog:
Support is divided into two phases.
Phase 1: Clean install of OM2007R2 on SQL 2008 R2.
Take a look at the KB to get OM2007R2 installed on a SQL 2008 R2 database server. In order to get the OM databases installed we had to go a different route from what's in the deployment guide so take a look at the KB.
Phase 2: Support upgrading SQL to SQL 2008 R2 with OM2007R2 already deployed.
Supporting this scenario will be coming as part of a future CU for R2. Stay tuned!
Microsoft has released a great kb which explains how to troubleshoot gray agents state.
Enjoy the reading ! : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2288515
The Management Pack catalog has been given a nice refresh and is now much more easy to use and efficient:
Good job !
A new DHCP Management Pack has been which now supports DHCP 2008 R2 has been released. Download it here.
Just a quick post to announce that I’ve been awarded the title of MVP on the . I’m really glad to join the crew together with Simon Skinner and Stefan Koell, also nominated this first of July :)
Saying it’s new is a bit false as it’s the first release. Anyway the SCSM 2010 Management Pack is now available here for download. You can also find a great post made by Darko Vukovic (the man who can install SCSM blindfolded :) ) about the best practices for implementing the Management Pack. Enjoy !
A new MP has been released for the Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 AD LDS instances.
Download it here: Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services MP.
More Posts Next page »