Here you will find information on how to create a Custom MMC snap-in to access your OpsMgr Web console form your workstation.
Unfortunately System Center Operations Manager (OpsMgr) 2007 is not available as an exposed Snap-in to the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) and as a result you cannot add the Operations Console to your custom MMC. However you can still access the ConfigMrg Web Console in your custom MMC.
Follow the steps below to create a custom MMC for the OpsMgr 2007 Web Console
1. From the run command enter the following: Mmc /A to start the MMC in author mode
2. Once the MMC is open from the menu bar select “File” and then select “Add/Remove Snap-In”
3. From the bottom of the screen select “Add..” and then from the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog box scroll down and select “Link to Web Address” and then select “Add”
4. From the Welcome to the Link to Web Address Wizard dialog box enter your Web Console URL such as http://OpsMgrServer:PortNumber/Default.aspx
And then select “Next” to continue.
5. From the Link to Web Address dialog box enter a “Friendly name for the Link to Web Address snap-in:” such as “OpsMgr Web Console” and then select “Finish” to complete the task.
6. At this point you will be returned to the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog box where you can repeat steps 1-5 above to enter another Web Console URL if needed by selecting “Add”. Otherwise click “Close”
7. From the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box select “OK” when you are done and test the URL to ensure that it functions as expected.
8. Finally from the menu bar select “File” and then select “Save As” and change the “File name:” as needed as well as the “Save in:” as needed and then select “Save” and the select “File” and then “Exit”.