Trying to give something back to the Community...
It's that time again when the ConfigMgr Documentation gets updated although this update from the System Center Configuration Manager Team Blog also covers R3:
[Today's post is from the Configuration Manager Writing Team]
The Configuration Manager documentation library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680651.aspx) has been updated on the Web with updates from September and R3 content in October. Topics that were updated for September have Updated: September 1, 2010 at the top of the topic and topics that were updated or created for R3 have Updated: October 14, 2010 at the top of the topic.
There will be a new version of the help file available for download with the Help File Updater soon - stay tuned.
Although we can't promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What's New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for September 2010
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the August 2010 update.
Troubleshooting Management Point Communication
- Updated to include additional information about using the Management Point Troubleshooter from theSystem Center Configuration Manager 2007 Toolkit V2.
How to Set Security on the System Management Container in Active Directory Domain Services
- Updated to clarify that if you have a secondary site server, this computer's account also needs permissions to the System Management container.
How to Use Hard Links for User State Migration
- Updated to clarify the procedure for using hard links, a feature of User State Migration Tool (USMT) 4.0, as part of an operating system deployment.
Setup Windows and ConfigMgr
- Updated to clarify that when group policy is applied to a newly deployed operating system will depend upon the operating system being deployed.
Log Files for Operating System Deployment
- Updated to correctly specify the location of the CreateTSMedia.log file in <ConfigMgrInstallationPath>\AdminUI\AdminUILog.
What's New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for October 2010
The following information lists the two main new topics for Configuration Manager 2007 R3. Use these topics to find additional topics that relate to R3.
- New topic that contains a list of updated topics since March 2010, and topics that relate to R3.
What's New in Configuration Manager 2007 R3
- New topic that lists the new features and functionality in Configuration Manager 2007 R3.
-- The Configuration Manager Writing Team
Read the complete post at http://wmug.co.uk/blogs/cliffs_blog/archive/2010/10/20/configmgr-2007-documentation-library-update-for-october-2010.aspx