How to Manually Update ConfigMgr to WinPE 3.1
1) Download the Waik 3.1 Supplement from the following Link.
2) Extract the ISO on your Primary Site Server i.e. “E:\Waik3.1”
3) Open an elevated command prompt and enter the following cmd substituting your extracted ISO location and Waik install Directory like below.
4) Once Complete output should look similar to the below screenshot.
5) Next open wbemtest from an elevated cmd prompt and select Connect.
6) Type in the WMI Namespace for your Primary Site and select connect.
a. Site_PA1 should be changed to match your site code.
7) Next select Execute Method
8) Enter the SMS_BootImagePackage Object and select OK
9) Select ExportDefaultBootImage from the Method Dropdown box.
10) Next select Edit In Parameters
11) Select Hide system Properties to show only settings that need configured
12) Enter all fields like the below example:
a. Select Not NULL and enter Architecture = x86 or x64 then Save Property
b. Select Not NULL and enter the ExportImagePath = \\<site _server>\sms_<site_code>\OSD\boot\i386\boot.wim or \\site_server>\sms_<site_code>\OSD\boot\x64\boot.wim Then Save Property.
c. Select Not NULL and enter ImageIndex = 1 then Save Property
d. Next you have to Save Object
e. Now you can execute the method
f. If successful you should see the below popup.
13) Repeat step 12 for all boot images present.
14) Expand “Site Database –> Computer Management –> Operating System Deployment —> Boot Images” Right click the boot image and select properties then click on the Images Tab and click Reload
15) Select ok
16) Notice the OS Version has changed to 6.1.7601.17514 ensure Command line support is re enabled if required and drivers are added to the boot image.
17) Select ok then update the Distribution Points.