January 2011 - Posts
All of us know that Microsoft has announced that the ConfigMgr v.Next beta 1 is supported on SQL Server 2008 SP1 + the Cumulative Update Package 6 and it works like a charm. Today, I’ve decided to try installing ConfigMgr v.Next beta 1 on SQL Server 2008 with SP2 to see if it works or no and as far as I know there is any announcement about v.Next and SQL Server 2008 with SP2. Anyway personally I’ve not seen any info about that. I started my install and I’ve not seen any problem during all steps and ConfigMgr v.Next works fine.
1. SQL Server 2008 with SP2
2. Installation Prerequisite Check
4. Site Status
Note this is not an official announcement, it’s just a try on my VMs .
A great support article has been published by Microsoft today and it around an issue of SQL Reporting Services. From this link:
The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Reporting Services point (ConfigMgr 2007 SRS) may report the following errors in the SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT Component Status Log:
SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 7404 SRS is not installed or properly configured on SRS Reporting point server "<servername>".
This error can occur if the Copy Reports to Reporting Services Wizard has not been run on the server. This is a manual step that must be completed to create the default reporting structure that the component expects. This error will be logged every time the Reporting Services SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT thread restarts.
To correct this error use the following steps:
1. Run the Configuration Manager 2007 Administration Console as an administrator and navigate to Site Database\Computer Management\Reporting\Reporting Services\<SERVERNAME> (where <SERVERNAME is the name of your Reporting Services server).
2. Right-click on Reporting Services and choose Copy Reports to Reporting Services
3. Follow the wizard, using the appropriate choices as outlined in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc161781.aspx
4. Restart the SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT thread in ConfigMgr Service Manager.
In this scenario, you have a ConfigMgr 2007 SP2 site server on Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2. When you enable the “Allow clients to transfer content from this distribution point using BITS, HTTP, and HTTPS” the packages cannot be copied to the distribution point and you find the following errors in the distmgr.log
So, this problem can has many causes :
1. One or more IIS components are needed (for example the IIS 6 WMI Compatibility).
Solution: make sure that all requirements are installed How to Configure Windows Server 2008 for Site Systems
2. The User Access Control (UAC) is enabled.
Solution: Disable the UAC
3. The antivirus (the real-time scan) stop the copy of the packages.
Solution: Exclude the SMSPKGx$, SMSPKGSIG and SMSSIG$ folders from the real-time scan. Fore more information about Configuration Manager and antivirus, see this blog
When starting to deploy Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 server, you can have the following error: “Setup cannot communicate with the System Center Configuration Manager Site Server”
To solve this issue, the user account used to install FEP 2010 server should be in the local administrator group and in the SMS Amins group on the Configuration Manager server.
Fore information, see this thread